What makes Italy’s Wedding Photography so romantic?
There is no doubt that Italy is a romantic destination for both travelers and the Italian people themselves. However, pinpointing exactly what makes it such a country of romance is not that easy. Perhaps it is the fact that Saint Valentine spent much of his time in Italy, or one of the ’60s most prominent sex symbols, Sophia Loren, was an Italian. Also, there is no doubt that Italian design exudes a considerable amount of sex appeal; take Ferrari motors, and the clothing of Gucci or Versace, as prime examples.
Moreover, Italian locations make the country such a romantic destination and one of the most incredible locations for weddings and wedding photography. Italy is scattered with ancient castles, seemingly picked from the pages of a fairytale novel. Its coast offers a range of pristine beaches, sheer cliffs, and secluded inlets, all offering backdrops for your wedding photographs.
Whatever your Italian destination, its villages, cities, countryside, mountains, or coastline will provide you with a stunning backdrop. A few locations for you to consider include Tuscany, the Amalfi Coast, and Lake Como. Each of these settings provides an ideal canvas on which to capture memories of your special day. So, let’s take a look at each of them in a bit more detail.
Tuscany Wedding Photography
The Tuscan countryside is peppered with beautiful villas, luxury farmhouses, and ancient castles, set among gentle hillsides, olive groves, and stunning landscapes. The locals take pride in stating that Tuscany was placed halfway between the sea and the sky, and your Tuscany wedding photographs will be sure to capture the unique beauty of its beautiful vistas.
You are spoilt for choice in terms of selecting a romantic location for your wedding photography. To give you an idea of the romantic atmosphere of this ‘fairytale’ land, check out a few of these amazing spots:
- Florence. Does it really need any introduction? Taking photographs of married couples from all over the world in this city is exciting. Florence is the heart of the Italian Renaissance! Squares, streets, and buildings bear witness to its glorious past, made up of culture, history, and beauty. Can you imagine your beauty and enthusiasm merging into the images of your wedding with this Tuscan jewel that acts as a backdrop and frame?
- Val D’Orcia. Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, and San Quirico are just some of the villages that dot this magnificent part of Tuscany. Gentle hills kissed by the sun, vineyards, and olive groves blend harmoniously with its villages. The long paths marked by rows of cypresses and the sweet golden light of the sunset. Can you imagine a better scenario for your wedding photographs in Italy? In this place, the harmony between man and nature is at its peak and Unesco has declared Val d’Orcia a World Heritage Site. Your wedding will be special and your guests will be speechless and will always be grateful for the invitation.
- Crete Senesi. This enchanted place extends southeast of Siena, where particular geological conformations make the landscape extremely particular. Chiusure, Rapolano Terme, Asciano and Buonconvento are some of the most famous villages. If you are thinking of celebrating a Catholic rite in this area, consider the Abbey of Monte Oliveto Maggiore, a real 14th-century jewel set among the green hills. the photographs in this part of Tuscany will surely have a flavor full of magic and romance.
- Casentino. It is located about 50 km east of Florence, in one of the most pristine places in Italy. The Casentino Valley is certainly a place rich in art and history and breathtaking landscapes. The most famous village is certainly Poppi with a castle that is absolutely worth visiting. The castles of Romena and Torciano are also truly splendid. Try to imagine a portrait in the countryside with a medieval village in the background with its castle … beautiful isn’t it?
Lake Como Wedding Photography
Hangout of the Milanese aristocracy, famous artists, and Hollywood movie stars, Lake Como is the ideal location to inject some romance into your Italian wedding photography. It is no wonder that Lake Como is a magnet for the rich and elite, as the tranquility and natural elegance of its landscapes are enhanced by some of the most magnificent restaurants and hotels in Italy.
You can find the ideal wedding photography location and spend the rest of the time in complete luxury. Some of the most romantic venues in Lake Como include:
- Bellagio. This village is called The Lake Como Pearl. Its narrow streets, with typical local craft shops and the charming lakefront, make this the perfect place for an exclusive and dream wedding in Italy.
- Cernobbio. The breathtaking landscape and the historic houses belonging to famous people of the past have made this small town famous. Villa d’Este and Villa Erba are certainly the most famous villas, but there are other places to take photographs full of charm.
- Lenno. It is located on the famous coast of Tremezzina and is precisely located in a wonderful gulf, which is not surprisingly called the Gulf of Venus. The Mediterranean climate, the landscape, the luxuriant vegetation, and the villas like Villa del Balbianello make this village a truly enchanting place to celebrate a dream wedding. The photographs of your Italian wedding will be nothing short of perfect.
Amalfi Coast Wedding Photography
According to Greek mythology, Hercules fell completely in love with a beautiful nymph called Amalfi. On her death, Hercules searched for the most beautiful location on earth to bury his lover, and that place became known as Amalfi. You can play your small part in the history of this stunning location by having your romantic Italian wedding photography among its wondrous landscapes.
The Amalfi Coast is one of the most perfect and romantic wedding locations in Italy. Here are a few venues to consider for capturing the memories of your special day:
- Amalfi. Amalfi is the main population center along the coast that shares its name. Its stunning natural beauty has earned it UNESCO World Heritage Site status. Like Hercules and his lover Amalfi did millennia ago, you can share in the romance and love of this remarkable place.
- Capri. This island features a small harbor called the Marina Piccola, the Belvedere of Tragara, the Blue Grotto, and ancient Imperial Roman villas, which provide you with unique and romantic settings to take your Italian wedding photography.
- Positano. Known as the Pearl of the Amalfi Coast, Positano provides the perfect backdrop for your wedding photography. It sits atop a cliff and offers stunning views of the island and surrounding sea. You can also take a romantic stroll down the winding track to the beach and enjoy the truly unique photographic opportunities this offers.
- Ravello. It is one of the most popular destinations on the Amalfi Coast. Actors, models, politicians, and businessmen from all over the world, have chosen this very particular Italian village to celebrate their wedding. Roman and Arabian influences come together in a pearl set overhanging the sea. If you want unique photographs, Ravello, with its villas, historic houses, and gardens is definitely a perfect place for unique wedding pictures.
Venice Wedding Photography
Can we say with certainty that Venice is the most beautiful city in the world? Certainly, many of the people who have visited it affirm it. What I am sure of is that Venice is one of the most popular Italian cities for weddings. Piazza San Marco, the Rialto Bridge, the Doge’s Palace, and the Fish Market are just some of the spots that can make your Italian wedding photographs wonderful and timeless.
Italy is steeped in love, romance, and stunning locations for your wedding photography. Of course, you will be spoilt for choice, but no matter the location you end up choosing, you will have beautiful photography that perfectly captures the memories of your special day.